Kiikarit ja kumisaappaat

Friday, March 22, 2013

Hey guys, I have an idea!

"Yeah, what is it?"
"You know how we're really popular around Finland?"
"Yes, and..?"
"How special beers are all the rage nowadays?"
"Like they were back in... 1999? Yeah, that really took off well."
"Ok, no, but our organic weissbier is  selling really well. And we we're so successful that we had to raise the prices for about.. what was it? 15 %?"
"Something like that. What are you getting at?"
"Let's take the same can design and replace green with red! It'll be awesome! I'm sure I can come up with something to justify it."
"Umm... Guess since we're rolling in money, we can fund all your drug-induced dreams and fund them. Permission granted!

. . .

"So, this is your result?"
"Yes!"
"This smells like something you would be brewing in the corner of your loo. Doesn't taste that bad, though. Kinda nondescript. Its just beer, I guess? What is your glorious idea, exactly?"
"Its... wait for it... cranberries!"
"Cranberries? Dude, we have cranberry long drinks. People call them pony booze and get way too wasted on them. People who are 16-year old."
"But this is beer, not a long drink or that industrial waste product we label as a cider."
"Cranberry beer? Doesn't sound too bad. Is it like lambic, then?"
"Nyah, couldn't be bothered, and I don't think we could even sell lambic without some idiot banning it in two days. I just took some aroma and added it to normal beer."
"So... you have beer. That you infused with cranberry aroma."
"That's pretty much it."
"Your description in the report mentions something like... GTI? What is it?"
"Oh. That. Gonadic taste index."
"Oh for god's sake."
"Seriously, I'm absolutely positive we can sell this somehow. I have thousands of liters of stuff."
"What?"
"I went a bit overboard."
"I'm so close to firing you. This close."
"Fear not, I have a marketing idea. We can label this whole malt beer."
"I guess that works..."
"And we could capitalize the word "barley" in the ingredients list as well!"
"Fucking SOLD"

No comments:

Post a Comment